The Crying Game


Tears. Crying. Sobs. Whatever. We all know that when one is sad or in anguish they cry. I am not sure about you, but when some one tells me 'somebody' is crying, the first impression i have in mind will be a girl crying. And if you tell me, a guy is crying, the next impression i get is "OMG it must be a very serious problem he is going through." Now...that said. I can't help but feel very uneasy...and i want to ask your opinions, can a guy cry too ? Do you how much it means to a guy when they cry ?


Most males has the 'if you cry you are a sissy' mentality. Sadly, I am also one of them. Which leaves me thinking, a guy can only cry if he is really in deep pain and anguish. and if you cry because...lets say...you fall down and you hurt your knees and its very painful. Unless you break your knee people would probably think that you are a sissy or gay for crying. Which means, unless the condition of your knees is so bad that it shows out, you shouldn't be crying at all because you are a male and big boys dont cry.

For me, i feel it is kinda stupid. It's ok to cry over losing a foot ball game but it's not ok to cry because of heart wrenching situations ? My friend told me that it's ok to cry over the lost of your girlfriend, loved ones or a foot ball game...but not over hurt feelings...etc. It's sad to see that there are invisible strings attached in expressing your emotions. Hidden rules to decide whether you should cry or not even when you are so hurt inside.

It seems like tears are viewed as sign of failure, weakness, lost and utter despair. The reason why man are so against crying is because when they cry, it's a sign of lost of control and when you cry you expose your vulnerable side to others. That's why guys are so afraid to cry. Am i right lads ? XD

Another ridiculous thing is, you are considered not crying when your eyes are watery and even when your voice is cracking. But you are crying when your are sobbing and tears stream down your face. When you hold back your tears, you are the fighter, the man. But when you cry, you are the loser. Don't you think its sad ?

I have friends who try so hard not to cry when bad things happen to them ( like parents pass away). I asked them "Aren't you sad...? It's ok you know ? I am your friend. you can cry.". And they usual reply would be, "I am ok." while it's so obvious that their eyes are all red and they are fighting back the tears. During the night they wouldn't be able to sleep and they cry the whole night. Rage and depression is so common nowadays. In frustration, I seen teenagers hitting walls, throwing things around and kicking things. Basically pure destruction. In my opinion, guys need to be more honest to themselves, the depression and suicide rate would be much lower. Do you know that those that commit suicide are usually males ? It's sad that the society judge a male based on his ability as an actor.

I am not saying that you should start crying now and cry a bucket of tears, but to be more honest to your feelings. If you feel sad and if you feel like crying, feel free to do so. Find a friend who you can confide to. Who understands and won't go " OMG YOU PUSSY !" when you show your weaker side. But of course, cry for the appropriate reasons too...don't cry because your underwear has a hole in it. That said, i even have guy friends who cry in front girls to woo them. To gain sympathy and the girl's heart. Talk about being a drama king. Yucks.

I don't know why I write this post out either. I just feel that I should give my view on it...So the next time you really feel like crying, when things are so unbearable and you are at wits end, look for a place or someone you trust with your life, and let it go. Which is better ? To cry alone without anybody knowing the hell you are going through or to cry and have someone comforting and holding you ?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

A simple diary of a teenage guy who spends most of his time gaming and watching j-drama. Idolizes japan and hopes to pay Japan a visit in the future. ;) Enjoy your stay.

Faithful Sheeps